Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Have a Cup of Tea?

Let's take a break from the exercise post. To any tea lovers out there, you might be interested as I'm recommending a couple of teas which is beneficial to health. The first tea which I recommend is Tulsi tea. In my opinion, I think it is one of the most beneficial teas of all teas. It is caffeine and gluten free, certified 100% organic, contains powerful adaptogens and antioxidants, as well as certain tulsi teas have stress relieving, soothing, aids digestion, anti aging, supports immune system, energizing, cooling and rejuvenating benefits. 

The second tea which I found not long ago while away during holidays, was called "GABA tea". I can't read Chinese on the box label, but this tea seem to have GABA effects and helps to balance stress levels. I've briefly read the product information but I wouldn't say it is the best tea product in the market, but it has its own benefits. It may benefit one with high stress levels, with depleted GABA stores in the brain, but I don't think it is available in Malaysia. 

Well, of course there are other good teas out there, but from my point of view, the reason why one would to drink tea, is to take advantage of its benefits such as antioxidants, aiding digestion, stress relive, etc. Preferably, it doesn't contains caffeine, as it has diuretic affects and also a mild stimulant, unless you want to stimulate your nervous system for better concentration and wakefulness during day time. Too much of caffeinated tea, will also makes your body dehydrated as you will pee free water regularly. Also, it is highly recommended only to drink organically grown teas, to avoid pesticides, herbicides and any other chemicals as well. Enjoy your cup of tea. 



 

      

1 comment:

  1. Woo....will get one soon. U r knowledge is way better then any nutrition. Ur advice is valuable

    ReplyDelete