Friday, March 15, 2013

Energise Your Day? Another poor diet recommendation from newspaper

Time after time whenever local newspaper published an article about diet, nutrition or health, I shake my head in disbelief. What is happening here in our diet and nutrition industries? What is happening to the dieticians and nutritionists? Have they been brainwashed and become processed foods salesman rather then educating the public and clients to eat organic whole foods?  

I remember one of my friends who told me that when he enrolled in degree in nutrition course, he felt that he was studying a course which promotes to sell processed foods products. He found it odd and at times awkward. When I told him the only good nutrition courses are hollistic based certification and CCN, he looked dissapointed. He had invested a lot of money, and he was halfway through the nutrition course, there was no turning back. How many registered dieticians and nutritionists realized that their degrees or certifications are funded mostly by food industries? I would say, not many.

Recently, I've read an article in local newspaper, titled "Energize Your Day with the Essentials of Protein". I assume that this article is written and posted by a registered dietician or a conventional nutritionist. I may be wrong, but the point here is about promoting a so called "protein supplement product" by Amway to the public. I tried to google and search for the ingredients of this product. Guess what? I could not find the ingredients list anywhere in Amway brochure nor official website. What is that so? I know why, but I will let you figure it out. In this article, it is pointed out that eating too much fats (highlighted in red below) will lead to obesity. Is that what the dietician and nutrition courses educate the students? Wonder why more and more people in our countries tend to suck in more carbs and sugars and avoid eating fats and we are now become fatlander. Thanks but no thanks to the medias, doctors and dieticians. 








No comments:

Post a Comment