Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cirrhosis: Love alcohol?

I visited a cool yet weird museum during my recent trip to Thailand. It was awesome from my point of view, as some of the displays in the museum reminded me of what I learned and studied during my early years. Below is the snapped picture of a real liver, encased, showing the liver damage/failure from chronic prolonged consumption of alcohol. It's called cirrhosis. In normal cases, regular alcohol consumption will develop alcoholic hepatitis of the liver. When condition worsen, one may have cirrhosis. Solution? Liver transplant!  Think twice before you get drunk week in week out, unless you wish for cirrhosis or even liver cancer. 

Stay away from alcohol, and there is a reason why government increase tax for this substance from time to time. Reason? It is POISON, same goes to tobacco, cigarettes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment