Friday, August 3, 2012

Eggs - Organic free range

I'm back! Just returned from holiday, had a really nice break and ate tons of foods, visited lots of places, and bought tons of awesome stuff, including organic foods. I was browsing through the grocery section in the supermarkets in Australia, guess what, majority of the eggs available and sold are free range and organic. No nasty synthetic hormones, pesticides nor antibiotics been given to the chickens. Real chickens, real eggs, that's what all of us should be eating and include it in our regular diet. 

Bought tons of eggs back to my hotel, enjoyed it almost daily for breakfast. How about the price? Well, it is reasonable and definitely not expensive. Want cheap eggs? Then you should expect to pay for what you get. Sick and toxic chickens, toxic eggs, toxic food, toxic YOU. How about eggs in Malaysia? Widely available? Answer is NO. There are selected brands of free organic eggs sold in Malaysia, but I would say not a much as Australia. Well, most people would think that an egg is an egg. What's the difference? Of course there is a huge different. There is no way you can be healthy by eating an unhealthy animal. Make sense? 










10 comments:

  1. Does eating eggs raise cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease? Too much cholesterol is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, cholesterol DOES NOT cause heart disease. Cholesterol has been protecting humans and other species including animals for millenia. Cholesterol, prevent us from getting cancer. Cholesterol is the precursor of all our steroidal hormones including sex hormones. Cholesterol repair and recreate millions of cells including new cells every minute.

    Now, does eating foods high in cholesterol elevate the total cholesterol serum? Answer is NO. The total cholesterol level in your health screening merely mean anything. As I mentioned in my earlier posts before, how can an old food cause a new disease? A little common sense here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about so call Kampung eggs that sell in pasar?
    A little bit hard to get free range eggs in Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are very few farms or outlets which sells organic free range pasture raised eggs in Malaysia. Most so called organic eggs sold in Malaysia is grain fed and not truly free range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, since it is so hard to get it. What is our option here?

      Delete
  5. Go for eggs which are free of antibiotics, growth hormones and not entirely fed on grains. For me, the area which I'm staying, I could get pretty good quality free range eggs, the quality is quite consistent and reliable. Else, try to research your own any local farmers who sells organic free range eggs and try to get to know them and find out how they feed and breed their chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello gene...can you suggest any brand of pastured raised egg available in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ahmad,

      You can try Suan Mokh Organic eggs sold in mostly Jaya Grocer and Grocer Village.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ahmad,

      You can try Suan Mokh Organic eggs sold in mostly Jaya Grocer and Grocer Village.

      Delete
  7. How Mr Benjamin Lee service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to Mr Benjamin service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to this funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 5 working days just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% rate and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact this funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on { 247officedept@gmail.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.  

    ReplyDelete