Saturday, February 19, 2011

Natto : Fermented soybean

Yes, another post on soybean. But, this time, I'm writing and posting about a fermented soy based food, Natto. This soy based food, is consumed traditionally in Japan, and still being eaten amongst many Japanese in 21st century. 

I know I blogged about soy based food is harmful and not advisable for consumption. You are right, but those harmful soy based food are non fermented ones. Natto, is a fermented soybean food product, is considered to be nutritious, yet beneficial in certain ways. This food is produced by fermentation by including bacterium called bacillus nato, to boiled the soybean. It has an enzyme called nattokinase. Only Natto has this enzyme and not any other food product. 

Meanwhile, I'm not too sure if Malaysia sells this food product as I've not been able to find it so far. No such luck I guess. 





No comments:

Post a Comment